Friday, November 12, 2010

Catching Up

Yes...I know...it's been a while since we have posted.  Please forgive us for that.  We've had alot of changes over the last few weeks, but they have all been good.  First, we finally got moved into our new place, which will be home for the remainder of our time here.  It was such a blessing staying with the Lechners when we first got here, and I loved every moment with them. Angie was such a blessing to us (especially Amanda) during our first few weeks of pregnancy.  I don't think I felt good most of the time we were there (the bouts of morning sickness and food aversions were NOT fun), but she was SO kind and understanding during all of it.  If I took a bite of her food and said: "Umm...I don't think I can eat this right now."  She never got frustrated or hurt..she would just remind me that she has four children of her own, and I was not out of my mind. :) :)  I don't know what I would have done if God hadn't allowed for us to have that "oasis" while we were getting used to a new country (at least for Amanda) and a new place in life.  Chris and I will forever be grateful!!

But...we have adjusted well to our new place AND we have a vehicle which allows for a little more "freedom."  We even took a trip this week to South Africa for a border run and some MUCH need American food, which came in the form of McDonalds.  I don't think I have ever craved or loved that place more!! :) :)  I was quite the cheap "date" during our little get-a-way...we ate McD's 3 times.  You may think: "A little obsessive!"  Well...this 14 week pregnant gal has been craving it for over 6 weeks now...so it was a little overdue!! :) :)  We had a wonderfully relaxing time there, and we came back refreshed and ready to finish the week.

In a couple of weeks we will head back to South Africa for a trip into Kreuger Park, which is on of the largest game reserves in the world.  So, though we don't have any recent pics, be looking for some in a few weeks.  We will also post some pics of Amanda's growing belly :)  I'm in the stage where you look at me and think: "IS she pregnant or has she just gained alot of weight in her tummy?"  I'm officially "out" of my regular pants, and into the wonderful maternity pants.  Since I'm a little vertically challenged, I'm sure I will be "popping" in a few short months :)  So, as the baby pooch gets bigger, I will fill in everyone on what it looks like. :)

That's all for now...more to come soon!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

We LOVED having you here and would take you back in a New York minute!