Monday, November 28, 2011

SURPRISE!!

Chris' Version

Hey friends....well, we have some big news for you!  Today is Makaylan's 7 month birthday.....and we were officially confirmed by our Doctor to be PREGNANT!!  Again!!!.....yes, it is fast.....and yes, we are excited!  And yes, it is planned!  And yes, we know there will be some interesting months ahead!  But we also know that the Lord would never give us more than we can handle!  So....July 8th is the due date.   Did I mention that both of us are in school full-time?  And that Makaylan will be only 14 months old when Walker Baby #2 is born?  What's been going on in your life, lately....hehehe!

This is Amanda's version :)

Over the last few weeks I noticed that I was becoming increasingly agitated and emotional.  I told Chris that I was either pregnant or I was losing my mind. On October 30th, after a major cry session over something that should not make me cry, I decided I would discover if I really was losing my mind.  :)  You can imagine the relief (and then fear) that entered my heart when I saw the words "Pregnant!" Chris and I want several children, but I didn't know if I was ready to be mommy to two children only a year apart.  Yet, after the initial fear came the overwhelming peace of our Father, and I knew it was going to be OK. I have an incredible husband, who is also an awesome father.  And I knew we would tackle this new blessed challenge as a team.

I had my initial OB appointment November 9, but the baby was so small that we couldn't see much.  There was a flicker of a heartbeat, but it wasn't strong. So we decided to wait until we knew he/she was growing well...so after a LONG month of keeping a secret...we are excited to share with you guys our news.  God is blessing us with another little one, and we couldn't be more excited!!!  It still amazes me that only 5 years ago I was sitting across from a doctor who told me that biological children were most likely not a possibility for me.  I also love how our God doesn't seem to listen to what doctors say :)  God has caused our cup to overflow with abundant blessings!!!

Please keep us, Makaylan, and Baby Walker in your prayers as we travel this new journey. Pray for Makaylan as she gets ready to share mommy and daddy with another sibling. She is going to be such an awesome big sister! Pray for a healthy and event free pregnancy, but more importantly, please pray that our God would be glorified through every step of this process. We love you guys and can't wait to introduce you guys to our little bundle of joy come late June or early July.


Here are a few pics...

I texted this picture to Chris to tell him about the baby. I love Makaylan's face :)


Baby Walker #2

1 comment:

Sara Beth said...

WAHHH, WAHH, WAAAAHHHHHH!!!! I'm SOOOOO excited for you guys. I just yelled the news to Brian in complete glee! I LOVE that our kids are close in age!!!! Granted, 11 months apart is tough. 14 will be tough too but its SOOOO worth it! Oh and July 8th is Micah's birthday! So I can remember that! I am just SO SO excited for you guys! You'll do amazing! I hope this pregnancy is easier for you than MJ's!! LOVE YOU!!!